The first summer school organised by the Engage KTN will take place 09-13 September 2019, in Belgrade, Serbia.
One of the key remits of the KTN is provision of high quality education and training in the field of air traffic management, by means of gathering together postgraduate students, experienced researchers and industry representatives. To that end, the summer school will include tutorials on key ATM concepts and challenges as well as on research methodologies, including case studies and presentations of prominent SESAR exploratory research projects.
Attendance to the summer school is free of charge, however places are limited. A number of student travel bursaries are available to support student attendance.
Applications for places at the summer school have now closed. Notification of acceptance/rejection will be provided by 26 June 2019.
Venue: University of Belgrade – Faculty of Traffic and Transport Engineering (Vojvode Stepe 305, Belgrade, Serbia)
Tutorials will be given by professors and researchers from University of Westminster, University of Belgrade, University of Trieste, EUROCONTROL and TU Delft.
Provisional list of tutorial topics:
● Introduction to Air Traffic Control
● Essential data sources in aviation and ATM
● Modelling methods in aviation: comparative benefits
● Performance measurement in ATM
● Future concepts in ATM
● Convective weather decision support tools for ATM
● Delays in European aviation: trends and costs
● Tools for data science
● The principles of air traffic flow management
● An introduction to flight planning and ATM messaging
● Experimental methods
● Making best use of airport airside capacity
● Aircraft surveillance data